After completing my BSc Honours Degree in Psychology, I gained my Master of Philosophy Degree in Clinical Psychology at the Institute of Psychiatry, University of London. I then worked with language and hearing impaired children at the Nuffield Hearing and Speech Centre in London and in the Children’s Department of the Maudsley Psychiatric Hospital before taking up a post as senior clinical psychologist at Great Ormond St Hospital in 1981. I gained my PhD in 1994 at University College, University of London; my thesis chartered the cognitive and educational development of typically developing and hemiplegic children from ages 4-6 years. From 2001 to 2013, I worked as a Consultant in the Paediatric Neuropsychology Team at Great Ormond St.
I have worked in private practice since the mid-80s, including being a consultant at the Dyslexia Institute (now Dyslexia Action) and at the International Schools of Geneva, Frankfurt and Mougins (France).
- Chartered Clinical Psychologist and Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society (BPS)
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) Registered
- Practitioner Full Membership Qualification of the BPS Division of Neuropsychology
- Member of the Association of Child and Adolescent Mental Health (ACAMH)
- Fully insured and CRB checked.